Disclaimer

My words are my own. I may vent and offend some but I say what I feel.
I'm an overly honest (and loud) person.
I know some may not agree with me but it's my blog, my thoughts and my views.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Fill in Friday




1) Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together
DH has only had 1 duty station and we are still at it. We didn't get married until 2008 and he was stationed there in 2007. So we spent a year apart, it was hard but made us stronger together. We've talked about him possibly doing a solo tour but I don't think I would handle that well, but if the military sends him we'll deal with what comes our way.

2) What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today
The sisterhood that comes with being a MilSpouse. Other MilSpouses just get it! They get the frustrations and when I whine a little they tend to be way more understanding because they have more then likely been in the same situation.

3) If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it...would you?  submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.
On a bad day I would tell you I'd leave the military life style if my husband wanted to. DH loves his job and wants to be a lifer and I'm ok with that. We are blessed, we have good medical coverage, we have a roof over our heads and we have a steady income. The military life style is our life and I wouldn't trade it.

4) What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife
My DH doesn't do year long tours but I will share my experiences anyways. Sitting and waiting for the plane to land is the worst! A watched egg never hatches kinda thing. The second I see DH (going cheesy movie on ya know) my heart hits the floor and I feel like a love sick puppy all over again. I hug him and never want to let go, we hold hands back in to the building until he has to in process, then we go home where we....well you guys don't need to know about what happens behind closed doors



5) If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something?  submitted by Tiara's & ACU's
I won't put DD's name on here but I will tell you how she got her name. Every name I liked DH said no to, but he couldn't come up with anything he liked. The only thing he could tell me is he wanted our child to have a name that was easily shortened, such as Katherine to Katie (me!). We ended up getting the 100,001 baby name book. We picks both a boy name and a girl name before we found out it was a girl. As for DD's middle  name I didn't give DH a choice, SIL and I have the same middle name so it was the clear choice. I have my list of dream names but I don't know that I'll ever get to name my children them since DH doesn't like them, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment